Tuesday, July 14, 2009

On the road again ...

I am off to the mountains for work today. I have a meeting with a facilities dept. of one of the local universities. Luckily it is just down the road from my in laws so I will be sleeping on the couch and getting to visit a bit on this trip as well.
I also hope to swing into one of the cute shops up that way and buy a LATE birthday present for K. I am such a bad friend her birthday was almost 2 weeks ago and I am just now getting around to getting her something. Procrastination is my middle name.
I wish I could afford to get her one of these:
Images: Credited to shopTwig
These are by Ruth Tomilson from her Flora collection. The first time I saw these I thought the flowers were felt, but they are actually porcelain. What skill! Her other collections are just as amazing. I just love how delicate and feminine all of her work is but not in a traditional way.

No comments: